Small Volume Dry Ice Supplier Western Pennsylvania
Greco Gas produces dry ice in-house and in various forms. With our new state-of-the-art dry ice manufacturing machines, we can create fresh pellets, rice, and snow dry ice in small or large quantities. It is always available and sold to the general public.
Pellets are the most common form of dry ice that we produce, and are sold in 3 different sizes:
- 3mm. (1/8in. diameter) (Rice-Dry Ice)
- 10mm. (3/8in. diameter)
- 16mm. (5/8in. diameter)
The most common size stocked at our retail branches is 16mm or 5/8”. The pellets resemble small white chalk-sticks and are roughly 2-3 inches in length.
Helpful tips for consumer use of dry ice
- Pick up dry ice as close as possible to the time needed
- 5 pounds is the minimum purchase amount (larger volumes are available - 500 lbs. or greater)
- Carry it in a well-insulated container such as a cooler or ice chest.
- To keep foods frozen, place dry ice on top of the food in a cooler
- To keep foods cold, place dry ice on the bottom of the cooler, cover with regular water ice and place food on top.
- To prevent freezer burn, separate the food from dry ice. Never have the dry ice directly touching the food item.
Dry ice sublimates approximately at a 5-10% rate, or 5-10 lbs. every 24 hours. We can help you calculate how much you will need for your event or storage requirements. Give us a call at Greco Gas, and you’ll be a dry ice “pro” in no time!
Custom Gas Mixtures also available
brands we carryLearn More
Gain the information you need from Greco Gas and our resources page. We make available safety data sheets, general product safety knowledge, and related company and industry news for our customers.Learn More