Common Dry Ice Users & Applications
Uses of dry ice can be categorized in two main groups: one - as a refrigerant and two – for its smoky effects as it turns into a gas.
- Biological samples
- Medical or scientific research
- Keeping perishable foods frozen
- Shipping foods
- Shipping medicine
- An alternative refrigerant during power outages
The extreme cold temperatures become useful in industrial applications:
- Dry ice is frigid enough to shrink metal, making it useful for fixing car dents of for testing metal properties of manufactured components for critical applications.
- The shrink factor of dry ice renders it a viable non-abrasive and non-toxic cleaner.
- Dry Ice is often used in high pressure blasting to remove graffiti, paint, varnish, adhesives, etc., or any type of material that reacts strongly to differences in temperature.
- Halloween fog
- Special events – dances, trade shows, corporate receptions
- Enhancing catering displays or bars
- Educational presentations and school science experiments
- Theater, film and photography special effects
Custom Gas Mixtures also available
brands we carryLearn More
Gain the information you need from Greco Gas and our resources page. We make available safety data sheets, general product safety knowledge, and related company and industry news for our customers.Learn More