Hydrostatic Cylinder Testing Services Pittsburgh
Cylinder Testing Done In-House
Greco Gas offers industrial gas cylinder retesting, recertification, shot blasting and painting in our Kittanning facility. We are licensed by the Department of Transportation (DOT) to perform the five or ten-year hydrostatic retest required by law. The average turn-around time for hydrostatic testing is ten days. Drop off the cylinders that need to be tested at any of our branch locations, and we handle the rest.
Please note: there is a flat fee paid in advance for testing, pass or fail, and the cylinder type determines the cost. Also, each hydrostatically tested cylinder must be evaluated before it can be refilled.
Greco Gas offers cylinder refurbishing in conjunction with hydrostatic testing. Our professional staff will shot blast and paint each cylinder restoring it to practically new. This service is included in the testing fee. Questions about the cylinder refurbishing process, please contact us.
Cylinders That Require Retesting
- High-Pressure Cylinders
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Cylinders
- Medical Cylinders (View more Medical Gas services)
- SCUBA Diving Tanks
- Breathing Air or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Fiber Constructed Cylinders (Commonly used by fire departments)
- Fire Fighter Packs
- Fiber Wrapped Aluminum Cylinders
- CO2 Fire Extinguishers (dry chemical extinguishers cannot be retested)
- Acetylene Cylinders (need Acetylene gas?)
For Cylinder Retesting / Recertification Questions – Contact us Today.